Tuesday 27 June 2006

Mammogram part 2

I've had my boob squished, and the results "will be posted to you in 4 weeks". So I'm gonna try and forget about it until the dreaded envelope appears. I might be wrong in thinking like this....but I have decided that if they had seen anything suspicious they would have sent me through for an ultrasound, like they did when I first went to the clinic last year. I know I don't get the results for 4 weeks, but they do have a quick glance at the slides to make sure they don't need to do them again. Anyway, that's my theory and I'm sticking to it!

I have to confess to having a little cry when I got back into the car. It just took me back to last year going back there (the hospital where they do the mammograms is a different one to where I had surgery/chemo etc). When they left me sat in the mammogram room (while they checked my slides) I nearly burst into tears then. Crikey! So, I've decided not to bother going into work this afternoon cos I am a bit emotional.

No comments: