Sunday 10 June 2007

Just when you thought it was safe to look at the post...

...another reminder of cancer pops through the letterbox.

On Thursday I received my appointment for my annual mammogram. The appointment was when I will be on holiday (13 days to go!!) so I had to phone up to change it. I got a cancellation, for this Wednesday...the 13th...

I felt sick when I put the phone down. I mean, I should be glad - get it out of the way and all that. But it did make me feel physically sick. I doubt I will get my results for a few weeks, so its back to the waiting game again.

Oh, and it means I have to go back to the place where all this started. Even the car park there makes me feel queasy...

Argh!

4 comments:

David Edward said...

perhaps in the same way that cancer was the enemy THEN, Fear is the enemy now. Battle on, soldier! Push through fear, and find the place of trust again. Will pray for you now, and wednesday.
Shalom

Me said...

Hope the squishing goes ok. I never thought it possible for boobs to get squashed in the manor to which they did when I had my first one ;-D

Dawn x

Our Family said...

How'd it go?

Our Family said...

ooooooops... I think half my comment dissappeared???

I shall say it again!

How'd it go? I hope you walked through that car park, stared fear in the face, and emerged triumphant.

Now go and enjoy your hols... the results cannot be changed by worrying.

Thinking of you when I race for life on sunday.

Amanda
x