Friday 31 March 2006

Getting Forgetful...

Not as easy to recall dates now... Chemo brain had well and truly taken over by now.

However, I do know that the last session of chemo was on Feb 3rd 2006. I can't tell you how good it feels when that last cannula is taken out of your hand!!

A whole week "off" then I had 3 weeks of radiotherapy. A bit like groundhog day, doing the same journey at the same time every day, seeing the same people...

Surprisingly, my skin held up quite well and didn't really show signs of burning until the last few days. I finished on 3rd March.

So, that's the poisoning and nuking done. Just 5 years of tablets and a drug trial to do now...

Oh, and my hair is regrowing :)

Edit I discovered an old diary after I typed this, so have updated my blog with all the ramblings from there. So this might now seem a bit out of order...

1 comment:

Minerva said...

How amazing..
Welcome to the blog world Jo.
It is a great way to get the stuff out of your system...literally and emotionally,

Minerva