Tuesday 29 July 2008

Saying goodbye

I chose, for many reasons, not to attend the funeral of my friend today.

However, at 3pm - the time of her funeral - I took myself off to the quietest spot I could find (I work in a city centre) and released a balloon with a note for her tied to it. I cried for her, and the fact that I am angry that cancer has taken her away so young.

Later, there was a shower - really heavy rain, followed by a rainbow. I'll always think of her when I see a rainbow now.

Love ya Dee xxx

1 comment:

Doris said...

I just read back to your other post about Dee and her passing. Somehow, it seems appropriate to not attend her funeral since you never met - what I mean is it would be really sad that finally you met up of sorts but at her funeral. So it is poignant and beautiful to do a balloon ceremony for her. May she be free and light and away from the pain. I am sorry you lost your friend. Makes one see how short life can be. Hugs and thoughts x