Friday 3 February 2006

I've done it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, that's it. Chemo is done. Thank f*** for that!

All 12 sessions of poison are now a part of my history. I can hardly believe it myself, and struggled getting to sleep last night cos I was almost giddy about it. Just to make it more memorable, the chemo suite was packed out today and I had a long wait before I got seen to. Perhaps they just didn’t want to see me go? It’s the longest I’ve been there for a while, almost felt like I should help them pack up for the weekend by the time we left. All the lovely nurses said goodbye, hugs all round. A bit sad in a way. It’s amazing how well you get to know people when you are visiting them every few weeks! One of them said she felt a bit ill today but decided to turn up for work cos she didn't want to miss my last visit, otherwise she might have phoned in sick.

My veins were a bit of a problem again today, I have another nice bruise forming. One of the nurses asked me if I would cultivate my veins again before I have to revisit them as part of the trial I’m taking part in! Hopefully a few months rest from needles will do the trick. Or maybe not…

So that’s it, the chemo chapter is over. Thankfully! Hopefully this will mean I will be able to start drinking again soon. It’s been a very dry 6 months and I almost fancy a glass of wine to celebrate. Shame I know it won’t agree with me, but I intend putting it to the test very soon.

The next 2 parts of my treatment start very soon. I now have an appointment this Wednesday to see the docs again to get my first load of Tamoxifen. More interesting side effects to look forward to then!

The burning/cooking (radiotherapy) starts a week on Monday (13th) so no post chemo rest for me! I’m keen to get on with it though cos this time in one month I will be done with all the aggressive part of my treatment. Yippee.

No comments: