Thursday 12 January 2006

Busy morning!

I've had a busy morning so far. My breast care nurse phoned earlier, she has a new patient who is struggling to come to terms with the fact she has to have chemotherapy. My nurse thought it would be a good idea if she spoke to someone who is going through it, and thought of me. I'm quite touched that she thinks I can be a help. She's going to pass my phone number on, and I've said I'm happy to meet up with her. I just hope I can help. So many people have supported me over the last year, it will be nice to give something back.

I've also been on the phone to the JobCentre Plus about my claim for incapacity benefit. I spent hours filling in a claim form last week, and they sent me a letter today asking me to phone. It seems that people have so many problems filling in the forms that they like to go through it with you on the phone now. The lass I spoke to was really nice, we had a bit of a laugh when she had to ask me if I was in custody, or due in court soon. I wonder if it would help with my claim if I was??? Hmmm, what can I do.... Apparently, I will be having a telephone appointment with them again tomorrow afternoon to go through my claim. What a fun way to spend a Friday afternoon! I am becoming the queen of claim forms these days..

No comments: