Friday 27 January 2006

Penultimate chemo!

I'm back and have had my penultimate chemo. They asked me a few questions about how I was feeling, and suspect that I have/had/am fighting off some kind of infection. They didn't seem too concerned, so I'm not any more and the pain seems to be wearing off now. Funny that.

My veins will also be relieved next week when they won’t get attacked every couple of weeks or so. I think they will last another week, but not much longer. They couldn’t use the back of my hand this week (they tried - ouch!!), so have started on my wrist now. It’s a good job there weren’t any new patients in this week, cos I wasn’t a very good advert for having a cannula inserted. I didn’t scream or swear, but my face will have given it away that it wasn’t the most pleasant experience!!

Tonight I'm off out for meal with some friends. It's the first time we will have all been out for over a year, cos with one thing and another we haven't been very sociable. Not the best day for me to go out, but it's one friend's birthday and she has had a really tough year so I'll grin and bear it for her. Just hope the steroids keep me going!!

No comments: