Saturday 7 January 2006

Grumpy Zombie

I am like a zombie today. The steroids still kept me awake long into the morning. I think I finally went to sleep at about 4:30am. I'd still be in bed now but the phone rang an hour ago and woke me from my coma like state.

I'm supposed to be at a house warming party this afternoon. It starts in quarter of an hour but as I am still in my pjs. I think I will have to be fashionably late. I'm struggling to muster up the energy for it if I'm honest, but I've just taken the next lot of steroids so maybe I'll perk up soon. I hope I do, I will be seeing quite a few people I haven't seen for a while and I don't want to look like poorly cancer girl if I'm honest. It's easier if I look "well" and they don't have to do the sympathy routine. I'd rather just fade into the backgrond today and not have to bang on about it all day. Grumpy Jo seems to be coming out to play again. Uh oh...

Just think, this time next month my chemo will be over. Wahoo!!!

No comments: