Friday 13 January 2006

Claiming benefit.

Funny day today. Had to wait in for the phone call from the Jobcentre people about my incapacity benefit. They said they'd call between 1 and 6, so I kept holding off on making my lunch cos I didn't want to be stuffing my face when they phoned. By 3pm I was nearly passing out, and as soon as I turned the grill on the phone rang! Ha ha, I should have tried that trick earlier! Was on the phone for 30 minutes (stomach rumbling!). They were very pleasant, but I did start to wonder why I'd spent so much time filling a form in last week when they went through it all again with me on the phone. Hey ho. It does seem strange claiming benefits, I've never had to do anything like this before...

No phone call from the lady who my breast care nurse phoned me about. I guess she doesn't want to talk to some stranger about it after all.

No comments: