Monday 16 January 2006

Can I help??

I'm up before lunchtime again - wahoo!!

The lass who has recently been diagnosed has phoned me this morning. She sounds terrified, poor lass. She's coming round to have a chat with me this afternoon. I hope I can help her in some way, but I'm now feeling a bit nervous myself. I'm usually quite a confident person, but now I'm worrying that I might say the wrong thing to her and make matters worse. I'm sure my breast care nurse must think I'll be ok, or she wouldn't have suggested it but its quite a big thing isn't it? I'm guessing she also picked me cos I've tolerated chemo quite well. Plus I'm one of those people who tries to see a bright side in everything. Oh heck, I'm babbling now cos I'm nervous. I can only wonder how the other poor girl is feeling. It must have taken some guts for her to pick the phone up this morning.

No comments: