Friday 30 May 2008

Another sick note

I spoke to my gp again today, and he has signed me off for just another couple of weeks. I gave him a quick update on what has happened since I last saw him (only work things, I missed out all the retail therapy!!). My sick note takes me right up to a holiday I already have booked. Both me and my gp hope I will be able to go away, have a lovely time then return to work... Let's hope that all goes to plan then!! I really do want to get back sooner rather than later. I don't like being off sick. This is only the 2nd time in my whole life I have had a sick note - and the other time was because of cancer so I don't do things by halves do I?!?

I had a lovely chat with my boss today too, and I know I have her full support which helps a lot. She agrees it is right that I don't go back too soon, and she thinks more time is needed for the bullies and their hangers on to take their heads from up their backsides and hopefully start to see the error of their ways. Or at least pretend to! Ok, she didn't quite put it that way, but you get the picture!

So I'm really trying to turn this into something "positive" (I hate that word!) and use the time wisely to catch up on all the things I don't get round to enough when I am busy working. The car has had a wash (probably the only one it will get for a while!) and today I am trying to conquer the backlog of housework. I'm far from a domestic goddess but am going to see if I can turn into one for a while. Well, as soon as I move away from here of course!

I got a lovely bunch of flowers delivered today. What a lovely surprise they were. Sadly not from a secret admirer, but it's the thought that counts ;)

1 comment:

Doris said...

The flowers sound lovely :-)

Good plans for staying off a bit longer and then having a holiday. Yaaay fingers crossed. But don't be too hard on yourself if you don't get everything done.

Have a great weekend.