Monday 19 May 2008

As if I don't have enough to cope with

The title of this post is dedicated to some very kind comments I have received on this blog from a stranger in cyber world. Comments that have really brightened up my day. Funny how a stranger who stumbles across my ramblings on here can feel empathy towards me (or should that be for me?), yet people who know me well can't allow me the same...

I am now officially called "sick note" by my best friend (no-one else would get away with that!) as my GP has signed me off for 2 weeks. Both he and I hope something will happen in that 2 weeks that may allow me to go back to work again. I don't know what this something will be - answers on a postcard please... However, I do know that at 2pm tomorrow I will be the hot topic of conversation in the HR department. Hmm, not too sure how that is making me feel to be honest. The bullies are still lying and I don't see how HR will change that but hey - what more have I got to lose?

So - how am I filling my time? I have never understood people who think they would be bored if they didn't go to work. To be honest, I feel like I have spent a week trying to catch up with myself. All this has been very draining, and I don't seem to be getting very good quality sleep just now. In fact I had a bizarre dream, well nightmare the other night in which I was running around, but getting nowhere. Seems even in my sleep I want to run away from it all!! Anyway, as always when the chips are down I have been spending money - too much money probably but hey, what the hell!!

1 comment:

Doris said...

Awwwww. Huge empathy! Whether it is 'for' or 'with' might depend on political correctness.... I can't get my head around it but it has to be the best one of the two ;-)

It is easy for someone new to come along and see the "story" from a fresh angle, and have not just grown into it and taken it all for granted. And for their heart to ache with the enormity of it all. And sometimes we need someone from the outside to come along and remind that yes, this IS pretty big stuff.

At least 2 weeks is some breathing space .... but can't see how bullies can be turned around in that time. Here is that website... www.successunlimited.co.uk and it is Tim Field who has written a number of books including on workplace bullying. Might be useful reference over the next two weeks?

I dream a lot too - and am very exhausted by it. I run less in my dreams these years which at least is something. So I feel for you.

Have a good day and ..... could you make your next purchase with a smile for me? Money is rather tight and a bit of an issue here but what I need to do is actually let go a bit more! I could learn summat from you :-)